ACT-SAT Prep Course & Schedules
Fall I Session
August 27 – October 6
At Muhlenberg College
Class #1: Sun, Aug 27, 9 am – Noon
Class #2: Wed, Aug 30, 6 – 9 pm
Class #3: Tue, Sep 5, 6 – 9 pm
Class #4: Wed, Sep 6, 6 – 9 pm
Class #5: Sun, Sep 10, 9 am – 3:30 pm*
Class #6: Wed, Sep 13, 6 – 9 pm
Class #7: Sun, Sep 15, 9 am – 3:30 pm*
Class #8: Wed, Sep 20, 6 – 9 pm
Class #9: Sun, Sep 22, 9 am – Noon
Class #10: Wed, Sep 27, 6 – 9 pm
Test Only: Sun, Oct 1, 1 pm – 4 pm
Class #11: Wed, Oct 4, 6 – 9 pm
Brush up class: Fri, Oct 6, 6 – 9 pm
Fall II Session
September 24 – November 6
At Muhlenberg College
Class #1: Sun, Sep 24, 1 – 4 pm
Class #2: Tue, Sep 26, 6 – 9 pm
Class #3: Sun, Oct 1, 9 am – Noon
Class #4: Tue, Oct 3, 6 – 9 pm
Class #5: Sun, Oct 8, 9 am – 3:30 pm*
Class #6: Tue, Oct 10, 6 – 9 pm
Class #7: Sun, Oct 15, 9 am – 3:30 pm*
Class #8: Tue, Oct 17, 6 – 9 pm
Class #9: Sun, Oct 22, 9 am – Noon
Class #10: Tue. Oct 24, 6 – 9 pm
Test Only: Sun, Oct 29, 9 am – Noon
Class #11: Tue, Oct 31, 6 – 9 pm
Brush up class: Fri, Nov 3, 6 – 9 pm
- Base tuition is $999.
- A $150 hot-school discount is available for students from Bethlehem Catholic, Central Catholic, Easton, Emmaus, Freedom, Liberty, LVCSA, Moravian Academy, Nazareth, Northampton, Northern Lehigh, Notre Dame, NW Lehigh, Parkland, Phillipsburg, Salisbury, Saucon Valley, Southern Lehigh and Wilson. Lehigh Valley Academy students are entitled to a $200 discount.
- Academic year classes run three hours twice a week, Sunday morning and Wednesday evening (Tuesday, for some sessions), for six consecutive weeks. Three of the Sundays run 6.5 hours to accommodate both the class and diagnostic test. Lunch is provided.
- Single-day brush up classes for official ACT and SAT tests are included at no extra cost.
- To enroll or simply indicate your interest, without obligation, please go to our enrollment page.
- I strongly suggest that students not take the class when they are heavily involved in a job, a sport, a show, or some other time-consuming activity.
- Students cannot miss the first class or any two classes for any reason. This policy is not intended to give students one free absence but to allow for one unexpected absence due to illness or family emergency. Students who accumulate two full absences for any reason will be asked to leave and re-start the class in a subsequent session.
- Students who are tardy or miss class hurt their own progress and set a bad example for the rest of the kids, so being tardy or leaving early (0-15 minutes) counts for half-an-absence. Missing more than 15 minutes of a class constitutes a full absence.
- Students who miss class are expected to pro-actively contact me for their homework and arrange to make up any quizzes.
- Students will typically have 1.5-2 hours of homework for each class. This is not “busy” work, but material that requires their full concentration, so homework is graded more on how it is done rather than on whether a given answer is correct or not. In other words, the point of the homework is to get students used to the process of thinking through questions, not just circling answers.
- Students must maintain a homework/quiz grade of at least 80%; if they do not, I will notify their parents. If they continue to submit incomplete or improperly done homework, I may ask them to leave the class and start over in a subsequent session.
- Students can withdraw from the class through class #5, and receive a pro-rated refund, minus a $100 cancellation fee. They must also turn in their curriculum before receiving the refund. From class #6 onward, no refunds will be issued.
- Students can come to future classes for free as long as they adhere to the policy for returning students.